Medical Director, Clinical Development
- Job Type
- Project Manager
Medical Director, Clinical Development
United Kingdom - UxbridgeUnited States - California - Santa Monica
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and experimental drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead\'s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, serious respiratory, cardiovascular, and metabolic conditions, cancer and inflammation.
Kite, a subsidiary of Gilead, is a cell therapy company that is focused on providing patients with highly effective, life-saving therapies. We have two commercial products, Yescarta and Tecartus, along with a robust pipeline of various autologous and allogeneic clinical programs.
The Medical Director of Hematology/Oncology provides medical monitoring to multiple clinical trials. Additionally, the Director leads the project teams to design and implement clinical studies at high quality and in a time- and cost-effective manner in line with the department and corporate goals and within regulatory and resource guidelines. This position reports to the Executive Director, Clinical Development.
Applications from across Europe and US will be considered and are welcome.
- Provide medical monitoring to multiple oncology clinical trials
- Lead project teams to design and implement clinical studies
- Write protocols, investigator brochures, clinical study reports and review clinical trial documents
- Conduct investigator meetings and lead site initiation visits with clinical trial investigators
- Execute and deploy drug development strategic plans, develop contingency plans, provide technical and strategic advice, and meet milestones and budgets
- Translate findings from research and nonclinical studies into clinical development opportunities
- Interact with clinical investigators and thought leaders
- Work with internal regulatory affairs team and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with these external guidelines
- Work with internal pre-clinical scientists, translational scientists, business and commercial organizations in a cross functional manner
- Work in a team environment comprising clinical operations, biomarker specialists, CROs, and regulatory affairs
MD/DO degree with extensive experience in clinical or biotech/pharma industry experience
- Board certification/specialization in Haematology or Oncology and experience managing oncology trials
- Significant experience in relevant drug development, either within industry or as a clinical investigator/physician scientist in academia, or equivalent
- Proven clinical development strategist with experience designing, implementing and conducting clinical trials, with emphasis on proof-of-concept and first-in-human studies
- Knowledge of carrying out haematology/oncology clinical trials, including knowledge of haematology/oncology treatment options
- Strategic leadership and tactical skills, excellent initiative and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal colleagues and external contacts, including key thought leaders, and investigators
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams in a cross functional manner
- Ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- May travel up to 25%
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumours. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Medical-Director--Clinical-Development_R0022970-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency