Global Therapeutic Area Legal Counsel- ACE Region
- Job Type
Global Therapeutic Area Legal Counsel- ACE Region
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is seeking a talented lawyer to join a busy team to provide legal and compliance advice for one or more areas within Gilead's Liver Disease and Established Products business. The position will be based in the UK but will form part of the Global Therapeutic Area Legal team that is based both in Europe and the US. The position will support multiple client groups including the Marketing, Medical Affairs and Public Affairs departments and advise on matters relating to promotional and educational materials and activities, engagements with healthcare organisations and professionals as well as on other legal issues relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
This position involves a high degree of collaboration with internal clients and other legal colleagues (including cross-border interactions) and requires someone who is able to find pragmatic solutions to issues that they face whilst demonstrating reliable judgment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel to commercial, medical and corporate teams on sales and marketing strategies, programs, policies, practices and initiatives with respect to compliance with relevant healthcare laws, guidance documents or opinions, and industry codes (including the EFPIA and APBI codes, anti-bribery laws, and internal Gilead business conduct policies).
- Serve as a legal representative on one or more cross-functional therapeutic area Global Review Committees to provide legal feedback and direction on advertising, promotional and educational materials submitted for review that can be the basis of materials localised in countries in compliance with local rules.
- Review and provide legal guidance on financial and other interactions with healthcare professionals, patients, or others in a position to influence healthcare decisions (e.g., payors, advocacy groups, etc.) to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide legal and compliance training to Gilead personnel, including large group public speaking.
- Work collaboratively with others to devise processes and tools that aid business conduct compliance from our stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid SRA Practicing Certificate for England and Wales
- A good level of Post Qualification experience with a law firm that has a recognized life sciences practice and/or equivalent experience as a member of a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company's legal department. We are also open to legal experience in other highly regulated industries and suggest presenting your thoughts on transferability in a cover letter if applicable
- Experience as a commercial lawyer providing legal advice and support for regulated products
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to do a combination remote and office-based working.
- Willingness to travel periodically within Europe and on occasions outside.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Workshare, experience with document management systems, Veeva, DocuSign, Internet).
- Demonstration of and willingness to uphold Gilead's core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and Inclusion
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Global-Therapeutic-Area-Legal-Counsel--ACE-Region_R0021918-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency