Senior Director, Real-World Evidence (RWE)- Oncology Product Lead
- Job Type
Senior Director, Real-World Evidence (RWE)- Oncology Product Lead
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - UxbridgeUnited States - District of Columbia - WashingtonIreland - DublinUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - North Carolina - RaleighUnited Kingdom - CambridgeUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
*** Position may be based onsite at the following locations: Foster City, CA, Morris Plains, NJ, Seattle WA, Washington DC, Raleigh, NC, Cambridge, UK, Stockley Park, UK and Dublin, Ireland.
The SD, RWE Product Lead will oversee a team of observational research scientists and advocate for the appropriate level of resources to ensure the timeliness, quality, and utility of RWE required by internal and external stakeholders (e.g., regulators), as well as advise on methodological approaches in support of payer and provider interactions.
Success in this role requires excellence in design and conduct of epidemiologic studies/analyses, direct expertise in use of RWE at different stages of the product development and commercialization processes, and the ability to lead and manage cross-functional efforts and resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the single point of accountability for the development, execution, and communication of the global RWE strategy supporting early-stage clinical development and post-authorization evidence requirements for a specific product and its pipeline/lifecycle indications in Oncology.
- Ensure the use of robust scientific methods and fit-for-purpose data resources for the timely execution of the RWE strategy, in alignment with the clinical development plan and broader GDT objectives.
- Provide the functional perspective and subject-matter expertise, especially regarding regulatory use of RWE, as a member of the product GDT.
- Lead a team of observational research scientists to deliver, within time, budget, and quality standards, proactive RWE generation including, but not limited to: natural history of disease, population characterization, assessment of treatment patterns and unmet need, development of external comparators, benchmarking of clinical outcomes, comparative safety and effectiveness research, and post-approval safety studies.
- Communicate effectively about the utility of RWE across the product lifecycle and drive use of study/analysis results to support internal and external decisions.
- Ensure expert communication of observational research results, including development of pertinent sections of regulatory documents, publications, white papers, press releases, etc.
- Oversee timely and appropriate development of epidemiological sections of regulatory documents for agencies worldwide (e.g., Risk Management Plan, orphan or breakthrough designations, Pediatric Investigation Plan, query responses, advisory committee briefing documents).
- Represent the RWE function in internal cross-functional initiatives and external organizations, such as industry associations, professional societies, or regulatory working groups.
- Foster close collaborations with quantitative functions within CDS (e.g., Biostatistics, Bioinformatics), as well as in Research, Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, and Global Value and Access to anticipate and meet the evidence needs of regulators, payers, providers, and patients.
- Actively identify the need for the development of processes or gaps in training documents aimed at increasing the efficiency, quality, and impact of functional activities.
- Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD, ScD, PharmD) and/or Master's degree (e.g. MSc) in Epidemiology or related discipline, such as Outcomes Research, Medicine, Biostatistics from an accredited institution, with a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant, post-graduation experience; preference for a minimum of six (6) years of that experience to be in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- A strong track record of scientific publications demonstrating expertise in observational study design, analysis, and interpretation and direct experience with different applications of RWE, especially in support of early-stage clinical development and regulatory approvals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Oncology therapeutic area, including disease knowledge, current treatment practice and guidelines, pertinent clinical trial endpoints and safety outcomes.
- Experience leading, coaching, and managing people in a global setting.
- Demonstrated ability to function with a high level of autonomy and develop productive cross-functional collaborations.
- Ability to manage priorities, resources, and performance targets, in a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate proactively with others across functions to ensure shared purpose and clear accountability for future decisions.
- Well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2471680&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Real-World-Evidence--RWE---Oncology-Product-Lead_R0021975-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency