- Job Type
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matter, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Develop methods for calibration of various instruments using accepted metrology and industry practices
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and modify process control instruments or system.
- Provide training and guidance regarding instrumentation and calibration program
- Initiate and investigate out of tolerance result
- Program/configure instrumentation as needed for new installation and replacement.
- Lead or assist projects to support manufacturing, laboratory and facilities system
- Assist as technical SME with identification, purchase and organization of spare parts
- Assist with control system commissioning and start-up
- Approve and oversee the timely closure of all Work Orders assets that are calibrated/PM utilizing a Maximo Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Continuously improve the department by means of utilizing calibrations, amending procedures, resource allocation and leveraging the CMMS
- Play a major role in the asset induction and calibration process. Creation of datasheet, job plans, labor and materials.
- Ensure all calibration and instrument services meet GMP requirements and that these services are performed in a manner that is appreciated by all Gilead business partners
- Assist with supervising Facility vendors
- Follows up with Team Leaders and technician to ensure the schedules and work orders are executed at the proper time.
- Attends meeting with production planning department and participate in the overall plant scheduling
- Provide leadership and expertise to assigned projects, outside vendors and all serviced departments
- Expected to represent the Facilities Calibration function in regulatory audits and internal audits
- Open/Close CM, DV, CAPA and Audit records
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to provide results in a large-scale operation that includes a very fast moving environment, changing priorities and constant added task.
- Able to work independently on all but complex issues.
- Able to interact well with others in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and Metrology.
- Able to use Building Management System and Manufacturing Controls system ( BMS, EMS or Delta V system).
- Available to work overtime when necessary including On-Call program.
- Able to lead and manage project teams, including directing field technicians and subcontractors.
- Able to read and understand P&ID's, electrical & architectural drawings.
- Must be able to champion a wide array of large calibration related project with impactful results.
- Must have the ability to operate within a Work Order systems, Maximo is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project.
- Familiarity of HVAC, Waste Neut, RODI, Bioreactors and etc.
- Familiarity of Lock-Out/Tag-Out process.
Education & Experience
- A High School diploma and a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of calibration standards such as ISO 17025, NIST and ISA.
- Able to independently create, route and close change control, deviations and CAPAs using Track Wise.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Maintenance-Specialist_R0018898
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency