Space Planning Specialist II
- Job Type
Space Planning Specialist II
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Space Planning Specialist II
The role of the Space Planning Specialist is to provide expertise and guidance in day-to-day space management for the La Verne and San Dimas sites as well as the expansion projects. This may include coordinating the move requests, mapping and planning the seating locations for various departments, updating and maintaining Centerstone data for La Verne and San Dimas, leading space expansion or decommissioning projects, and managing external contractors. The Space Planning Person will provide leadership and guidance to team personnel, aligning with Site Services strategies as well as managing specific projects within budget and have and resource accountability. Strong communication and people skill is required in coordinating needs from various departments, resolving space needs issues, making recommendations and supporting larger cross-functional projects. The Space Planning Person will have specific management responsibilities meeting regulatory and compliance requirements and support senior leadership in creating and implementing short- and long-term plans for the La Verne and San Dimas site.
- Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and workflow, to ensure a consistent approach to space allocation and management.
- Resolve day-to-day space issues. Ensures that appropriate communication and workflow is developed to meet changing company needs.
- Work closely with the site administrators, department leads, and Facility group to review requests, map out locations, update Centerstone, and conduct space audit in a routine basis.
- Participates in projects ranging from building renovations to construction of new buildings at both a tactical and strategic level.
- Manages space design of all projects from inception to completion with consideration of all Gilead Standards and jurisdictions.
- Manage project budget and organize resources according to department priorities and customer needs.
- Manages multiple projects of significant complexity and risk. Manage programs and processes to ensure high quality of operations, office planning, and compliance with codes. Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Plans best allocation and utilization of space and resources for future buildings or re-organizing current premises.
- Ensures that agreed work by workstream team or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with property administration and/or lab administration or similar.
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets and expenditures.
- Extensive people leadership experience.
- Demonstrated managerial experience within facilities organizations.
- Ability to manage all RFPs for Architectural, Engineering, General Contractor and MISC Vendors for projects.
- Extensive people and project management experience.
- Extensive technical experience of space planning within a Manufacturing, Process/Automation Engineering, or Construction environment.
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive relevant experience in facility and industrial management.
- Project management experience.
- Operational management experience in a facilities function.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Space-Planning-Specialist-II_R0018593
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency