Associate Director, US Medical Affairs- Oncology- Remote
- Job Type
Associate Director, US Medical Affairs- Oncology- Remote
United States - California - San Diego
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director US Medical Affairs Oncology (Hematology/Oncology)
Job Description Summary
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include cancer, HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For more information please visit Gilead.com.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Medical Affairs team in the US for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs within Oncology, specifically supporting the growing hematology/oncology franchise. This role is office based and is located in our headquarters in Foster City, CA.
The Associate Director, USMA:
- Develops annual medical affairs tactical plans based on product and disease state.
- Works directly with the Director/Senior Director to plan and develop a variety of projects, and provides independent thought and initiative to further develop specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports.
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Supports the development of complex clinical and real-world data through clinical trials, database analyses and investigator studies.
- May serve as the point person for the medical review at Promotional Review Committees.
- Collaborates cross-functionally in multiple areas potentially including publication planning, speaker education programs, advisory board meetings, data generation, manuscript development and review, development of medical scientist field resources, and conference preparation.
- Represents the company to groups of experts including medical professionals, societies, and regulatory at scientific meetings. Regular communication is expected with the external medical community to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them.
- Attends major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audiences.
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- The ideal candidate will have an MD, PhD or PharmD, with significant industry (preferably medical affairs), clinical, or research experience in the key or related therapeutic areas.
- Industry experience (3-5 years) is strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a matrix team environment. Strong presentation skills are also required.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences, which will include occasional weekend travel, is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---San-Diego/Associate-Director--US-Medical-Affairs--Oncology_2021-1797-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency