Stat Programmer II
- Job Type
Stat Programmer II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Statistical programmers work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external vendors to ensure the efficient, high-quality production of analysis datasets and statistical outputs for study reports and integrated summaries in support of Gilead's regulatory, scientific and business objectives.
- Shows effective collaboration with staff in Biostatistics, Clinical Data Management.
- Begins to understand how to put together and update programming specifications.
- Proactively anticipates the next steps for their work.
- Programs Analysis Datasets, Table, Figure, Listings (TFLs) and ad hoc reports.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Development to meet study deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Assesses the quality of analysis data and performs cross-study analyses.
- Uses internal macros to automate study deliverables.
- Assists in submissions of electronic data (e.g., SAS data sets) to regulatory agencies.
- Has sufficient understanding to follow an analysis plan and provide programming support for study deliverables.
- Assist in the review of GSI Policies, SOPs and other controlled documents
- Provide input to and participate in Programming and Biometrics meetings.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Programming Environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates SAS programming proficiency.
- Has knowledge of clinical trial study design and electronic data submission requirements.
Education and experience
- 4 years of experience and a BS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience and a MS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Stat-Programmer_R0018291-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency