Executive Director, Commercial L&D
- Job Type
Executive Director, Commercial L&D
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Vice President of US Commercial Operations, the Executive Director of CL&D will lead a 24-person department responsible for training and development across all functions and business units within the US Commercial Organization. This individual will establish the strategic vision for training, development, and capabilities based on a deep understanding of commercial strategic/tactical drivers and our customers' needs to support sales and product training, marketing capability development, managed markets, and leadership development training for the US Commercial team.
The Executive Director will serve as a critical strategic partner to commercial leadership and collaborate with global training to providing practical insights on commercial capabilities to drive successful business decisions and outcomes. Our product portfolio and innovative pipeline require that our sales professionals are highly skilled and effective. It is critical that this individual has experience directing the assessment, design, development, and ongoing management of specialty training, continuing education, and new hire training programs. The individual will inspire a dynamic culture and lead by example, respecting Gilead's values. They will also play a vital role as a member of the US Commercial Operations senior leadership team.
- Assess US Commercial Learning, Development, and Capability needs based on competencies and gaps to design, develop, implement, and evaluate innovative solutions that unify and build a high-performing commercial team
- Design and implement new training, development, & capabilities programs based on training needs analysis outcomes and in partnership with the business to fully understand skills gaps and future growth requirements
- Proactively identify and define new opportunities to enhance commercial capabilities to deliver valued and actionable insights
- Identify, build, and enable new capabilities for commercial teams across all BUs
- Apply a deep understanding of adult learning principles to lead and direct the Commercial Learning and Development team to create and implement practical solutions for the Commercial organization
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure consistency of design and application in training standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally with training managers and key stakeholders to determine the best commercial training delivery solutions that maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of training programs
- Ensure appropriate training programs for online delivery are available and are delivered through an easy to use centralized online platform
- Identify opportunities to enhance blended learning capabilities using technology, mainly virtual/mobile-based applications, and other digital platforms
- Oversee monitoring of training programs for the Commercial Organization and makes decisions to enhance programs
- Create and utilize feedback tools to assess the impact of training programs and capability development to provide a framework for continuous improvement
- Assess talent readiness, competency, and capability gaps to create learning experiences that drive the execution of our commercial strategy
- Establish a highly talented Commercial Learning and Development team that establishes a robust talent pool for future leadership positions within the organization
- Manage a central budget that will support the funding of all US Commercial learning development and capabilities initiatives
- Collaborates with corporate learning and development and global learning & development partners to identify synergies and leverage resources collectively
Bachelor's Degree and Sixteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
PhD and Fourteen Years' Experience
- MBA or another advanced degree
- 15 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or medical device industry
- Previous management experience in U. S. pharmaceutical commercial management and/or training; responsible for developing and implementing commercial training and development programs and processes that provide value to a commercial organization
- Previous experience in commercial sales management and/or marketing/brand leadership/commercial operations
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Demonstrate successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Healthcare and managed markets business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of training technologies and their optimal uses as well as curriculum design, development and successful deployment
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer aptitude with appropriate software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Executive presence, exceptional facilitation, presentation, and decision-making skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Commercial-L-D_R0018516-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency