Security Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
- Job Type
Security Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Security Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager is a key member of the Security Risk Compliance (SRC) - Security Architecture and Governance team and works closely with various IT teams (ex: Security Engineering, Security Operations, Data Privacy, Infrastructure, Network) to identify, assess and manage information security risks. They will provide expertise on Information Security policies and standards, security and regulatory awareness. The person in this position will be required to understand all information security domains, interpret and communicate info. security requirements as defined by company policy. This position requires the person to work with ambiguous requirements (at times) and be able to work through them to help the business while keeping the risk to the organization at an acceptable level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, update & maintain information security policies, standard and other documentations as assigned
- Lead, manage and enhance the Information Security Training and Awareness program
- Lead, manage and enhance the security exceptions program
- Lead and/or support information security assessments (& audits) ranging from vendor security, security architecture, software assessments and compliance
- Lead activities related to SOX compliance support
- Lead and manage security governance, risk and compliance related project tasks and deliverables
- Manage IT Security Risk Register
- Support IT Security Risk Management related processes
- Support Merger & Acquisition related activities
- Ensure IT activities, processes, and procedures meet defined requirements, policies and regulations
- Work with Internal Audit, Project Managers, System Managers and Engineers - Track project findings, identify and resolve issues, analyze evidence, communicate with stakeholders, and facilitate the completion out of cybersecurity, privacy, and regulatory (SOX) related projects
- Participate in other activities relating to information security or other functional areas as assigned
- High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- 10+ years experience in IT Industry
- Hands on cybersecurity professional experience, risk management, and governance practice
- Knowledge of IT Security Architecture and Privacy concepts and controls.
- Knowledge of information security risk management frameworks and compliance practices
- Knowledge of quantitative risk methodologies (ex: FAIR)
- Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Solution-Architect--Security-Risk-and-Governance-ServiceNow--SNOW-_R0017422-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency