Capability Manager - Manufacturing Analytics
- Job Type
Capability Manager - Manufacturing Analytics
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of
the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology,
Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will
also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
The Manufacturing Analytics Assoc Dir will be responsible for providing strategic, analytical and required support for analytics & business intelligence activities for the Global Commercial Manufacturing business. They will form part of the management team reporting directly into the Global Capability IT Lead for Commercial Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The role will work closely with global functional business partners and IT Capability Managers to ensure that the following key deliverables are met:
- Business Knowledge/Relationship Develop capability roadmap for Analytics, aligned with strategic goals of internal Commercial Manufacturing business
- Directs and oversee high level strategic and tactical decisions for analytics & business intelligence tools and applications for the Commercial Manufacturing business
- Will engage closely with Enterprise Platforms team on organizational data strategies for governance, design, implementation, integration and usage
- Will be key interface point for Global Commercial Manufacturing business managing demand intake and engaging with Analytics delivery team
- Works closely with Capability Managers contributing to Digital Enablement for Commercial Manufacturing business
- Ideation leader for future business enablement focused on End-to-End Manufacturing Capability
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- You must demonstrate strategic thinking and the ability to develop a vision and strategic plan for the commercial manufacturing business
- You will review the current analytics demand intake process, technology stack and contribute to the best use of existing data analytics, architecture and technology to deliver to this strategic plan
- You must demonstrate strong collaboration skills and the ability to work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine which analytical solutions will enable the commercial manufacturing business to achieve its business goals
- You must be experienced in working with Delivery teams using Agile methodologies
- You must be a strong communicator who can convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Developing and delivering data strategies for leveraging insights and empowering the decisions of our user communities and capabilities
- Associates Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR PhD and Two Years' Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with key business partners, vendors and internal and external IT teams
- Experience on GxP applications (and Good Documentation Practices) and working in SOX audited environments is a plus
- Proven negotiation, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to analyze and design complex business processes
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Capability-Manager---PDM_R0017696-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency