Sr. Technical Manager, IT PMOSystems
- Job Type
Sr. Technical Manager, IT PMOSystems
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Sr. Technical Manager, IT PMO Systems is responsible for the development and deployment of one or more technology/Infrastructure/InfoSec solutions. Performs technical evaluations, creating proofs of concept and assessing the various technical aspects of the proposed project solution. Provides level of efforts for the design and building of solutions. Manages the activities in the design, development and deployment of solutions. Oversees the deliverables from managed services and solution vendors ensuring completion, quality, timeliness per contractual agreements.
Responsibilities of the Technology Manager include:
- Technical resource supporting GPS-PPM (on-going technical bug fixing and analysis and on-going GPS-PPM upgrade).
- Primary resource in development effort for GPS-PPM enhancements. Will be technical lead for planning and migration from GPS to ServiceNow-ITBM-PPM in FY21
- Primary PPM technical resource for GPS or ServiceNow to SAP integrations
- Provide technical expertise for Alteryx, Tableau dashboards, and data exchange between Oracle (SAP in the future) and PPM tooling. Includes performing weekly refresh and data validation.
- Key resource as part of Tableau enhancements effort - doing unit testing and data validation.
- Participates in the creation of RFP from a technical perspective
- Contributes to development of long-term roadmap plans for technology solutions
- Performs evaluations, creates proofs of concept and assesses the various technical aspects of the proposed technology solution
- Contributes to level of effort estimation by documenting the technical considerations
- Provides input for the Functional Requirements and conducts technical requirements analysis
- Confirms design standards and approach and creates technical design specifications
- Collaborates with solution vendor's technical teams to ensure adequate solution design
- Conducts architectural review of system with architectural governance forum
- Develops, documents and shares technical delivery best practices
- Develops solution in compliance with architecture and technical standards
- Participates in the review and refinement of test plans and test scenarios
- Develops the production deployment plan and deploys solution in production environment
- Oversees and maintains relationship with managed services and solution vendors
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Hands on technical development experience
- Expert understanding of all relevant application development processes and methodologies within life sciences industry
- Experience in working with a cross functional distributed team
- Working knowledge of standard ITIL processes supporting Development processes
- Extensive knowledge of capabilities and constraints of the technology
- Excellent in risk and issue management
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Technical-Manager--IT-PMO-Systems-_R0017688
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency