Associate Director, IT Portfolio Financials
- Job Type
Associate Director, IT Portfolio Financials
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills:
Gilead IT is seeking an Associate Director, IT Portfolio Financials who will manage the finances associated with the $200M+ annual Strategic Technology Fund, Gilead's funding mechanism for business process innovation across the company and facilitated by IT. This role will focus on return on investment and risk to help ensure the best investment decisions are made by the Strategic Technology fund members. The role will proactively provide comprehensive financial information at the project, program and portfolio levels. It will manage the Strategic Technology Fund budget including tracking execution to plan, establish a Finance Governance program and monitor compliance and own the relationship with Finance ensuring the Fund is compliant with process including the annual budget process. This role must demonstrate prior experience managing all financial aspects of a large IT portfolio of projects in a worldwide setting. This role will report to the Executive Director of IT and leader of the Portfolio Management Office.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Deliver accurate and timely management financial reporting to Strategic Technology fund members, business partners and IT Leaders to drive discussions on project investment trends, forecast accuracy and upcoming financial activities
- Develop a Financial Governance process for the Strategic Technology Fund and track / report compliance
- Drive development of meaningful financial analyses including ROI and create effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership
- Establish strong partnerships with the Portfolio Managers and the PM Community to provide comprehensive financial support for both ad hoc and ongoing analytics for tactical and key strategic decision making as well as day-to-day operations within the EPMO organization
- Monitor and track overall portfolio project forecast vs project spend, perform variance analysis and identify trends requiring process improvement
- Maintain and enhance financial analytics for internal management reporting purposes by leveraging technology and data available in multiple financial systems across the organization (Clarity-PPM, Oracle EBS, OBIEE, Tableau and other financial management tools.)
- Perform industry benchmark studies, develop and prepare recommendations
- Partner with Gilead IT Finance partners, EPMO leadership team and PM community to identify areas for automation and process improvements, define requirements and develop/drive execution to completion
- Conduct on-going training and support to the PM community on current processes, improvements and enhancements to financial management processes
- Key liaison to the Gilead IT Finance partners on overall project financial management
- Collaborate with Gilead IT Finance partners to understand financial deadlines such as accruals, reclasses, Latest Estimates (LEs) and publish and communicate across the PM community
- Associate's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Eight Years Experience
- Must have specific knowledge implementing project ROI calculations and supporting analysis
- 8 or more years managing IT project portfolio financials
- Must have deep experience and skills in financial management systems (Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, etc.)
- Must have familiarity with project management systems; Clarity-PPM and/or ServiceNow preferred
- Must have knowledge IT project methodologies including waterfall, hybrid and Agile
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification is preferred
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry is preferred
- Experienced in process optimization and change management
- Proficient in problem solving and analytical abilities, ability to develop metrics using reporting tools such as Tableau
- Ability to work at the detailed level with PMs, connecting it to the broader scope/objective of initiative
- Experience in multi-national organization is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills working at different levels, including senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- A genuine appreciation for diversity and inclusion
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in high performance
- A positive, authentic character, ability to work independently and is a natural team player
- Demonstrated success working in a results-driven, multi-task environment and ability to collaborate with a team in a fast-moving and diverse portfolio. A "can-do" attitude is an absolute must
- Advanced proficiency and a power user in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Associate-Director-IT--Innovation-Fund-Financial-Custodian_R0017458
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency