Senior Director, Global SAP ERP Delivery Lead
- Job Type
Senior Director, Global SAP ERP Delivery Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Senior Director, Global SAP ERP Delivery Lead is accountable for managing the successful build and run activities of the Global SAP ERP ecosystem which includes SAP S/4 HANA, Ariba, SAP IBP, SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Analytics Cloud. This role will have the ERP Development Lead, ERP Infrastructure Lead, ERP Operations Lead, ERP Test Lead, and ERP Change Manager as direct reports.
This role will partner with ERP Solution Architects to architect, deliver and maintain ERP solutions that are effective, efficient and fit for purpose by providing strong business capability understanding and matching with ERP solutions both current and emerging. In addition, the role will interact with various teams to define and maintain the Global ERP Roadmap.
Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, IT teams and Gilead's strategic vendors is a key success factor.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
1. SAP ERP Delivery
- Possess a strong understanding of ERP (SAP) technologies
- Lead SAP ERP delivery and maintenance teams
- Continually scan the environment in a proactive manner to gain perspective on industry trends, leading practices and technology offerings to be equipped to bring to the attention of business partners
- Have a strategic mindset with the capability of establishing a comprehensive yet pragmatic vision based on a strong base of analysis
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate ERP vision coupled with influencing and leadership skills in order to lead people to achieve it
- Be the Platform owner for technologies that fall under the ERP banner
- Manage the maintenance of the ERP solution architecture documentation that includes Business Capability Maps, Business Process Flows, solution architecture, core concepts and key decisions
- Define and maintain business requirement documentation standards to ensure sufficient detail and clarity, collaborating with business partners to ensure that these are captured correctly with clear and complete understanding of process and technology implications
- Ensure effective consultation with the various business partners (internal & external) in exploring and applying innovative outside-in solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges
- Lead pilots and proof of concept sessions for potential solutions to elicit requirements with a strong focus on business capability maturity to drive prioritization discussions
- Manage the Software Development Life Cycle to Ensure that all delivery activities are performed in an efficient, quality and compliant manner.
- Ensure that all ERP Applications are reliable, resilient, secure and compliant
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders that include, Business Engagement Domain Architects, ERP Architects. IT Build resources (Internal & External, Build and Run)
- Develop and sustain effective, trusted advisor relationships with stakeholders - including senior leaders - in order to provide credible insight and advice about leveraging technology for business effectiveness and competitiveness
- Interact effectively with SAP ERP Architects to ensure business requirements are understood and properly assessed to drive feasibility and play back outcomes to business partners
- Maintain effective relationship with strategic vendors (software and Application Maintenance Services)
Associates' Degree and Sixteen Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience OR PhD and Twelve Years' Experience
- 15+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience related to technical solution design
- Experience related to Tier 1 ERP's preferably SAP
- Experience working with a range of geographic regions to support business needs
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software development lifecycle from idea conception through planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support and transition into operations teams
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to business partners in a meaningful way
- Ability to oversee projects, manage resources and influence outcomes beyond line management structures
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project/portfolio management skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive cost/benefit, fit-gap and pro/con analysis
- Demonstrated experience in building effective trusted advisor relationships with business partners and IT colleagues using negotiation, mediation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
- Resilient with the ability to perform in an ambiguous environment and under pressure
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Curious yet able to focus on clear objectives
- Operationally excellent
- Honest and credible
- Organised with systematic approach to problem solving and process orientated to achieve business objectives
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Senior-Director--Global-SAP-ERP-Delivery-Lead_R0017589-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency