DevOps Lead, Legal IT
- Job Type
DevOps Lead, Legal IT
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The DevOps Lead, Legal IT as the primary technical and business contact for Legal IT systems. This role is located within IT and partners with the Legal business at Gilead to implement, support and enhance Legal systems, provide IT services, and ensure high quality solutions for the Legal business.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Legal function within IT. Also may serve as a technical team lead for functional area projects which involve multiple changes to applications or applications with multiple integration points.
- Provides direction to less-experienced staff on projects, enhancements and system management and acts as a trusted technical advisor to the business.
- Functions in a leadership role in ensuring high quality systems implementations and support is provided to the Legal business area at Gilead.
- Directs and coordinates with project stakeholders (business partners, internal IT teams, project managers, software vendors and consulting partners) to ensure quality and timely system delivery.
- Integrates the efforts and perspectives of the business stakeholders and internal IT to effectively manage and deliver on expectations.
- Advises business on discrete technology-related business problems, leveraging appropriate IT colleagues and/or vendors as appropriate. Formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with business to determine the best solution.
- Assesses implementation and change efforts and is accountable for the accuracy of the work estimates.
- Anticipates risks to the project success and escalates accordingly.
- Influences the direction of projects that may impact their areas of responsibility. With minimal support, provides feedback on vendor proposals, evaluate build versus buy, and formulate significant components of project and portfolio planning.
- Influences the activities of functional team members, ensuring they are working effectively to deliver results and resolving issues as needed.
- Leads the design of functional IT projects that anticipate and proactively address roadblocks and obstacles.
- Conducts complete diagnosis of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Plays a leadership role in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications for a functional area, including understanding implications for the current and future state.
- May serve as a functional or technical lead and/or project manager on medium sized projects. Contributes to the development of long-term strategic plans for IT support and solutions factoring in an understanding of future directions of the business area as well as changes in the technology landscape.
- Monitors the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
- Develops a user training plan for new or revised systems/applications, leveraging IT, vendors and business resources as appropriate.
- May review, analyze, and modify systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document the system and revisions.
- Provides and/or arranges for technical support and problem resolution for client inquiries and to resolve production issues. Maintains awareness of projects or changes to other systems that may affect their applications/systems, and ensures there is no degradation of service.
- May supervise a team of functional professionals for a project deliverable or outcome.
- Acts as a functional or technical mentor to team members.
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Applies extensive functional technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Coaches and trains trainees within department.
- Works collaboratively, in a leadership role, with the other team members.
- Develops and maintains an up to date knowledge of industry technology trends in IT, Legal technology and the drug development industry and uses this knowledge to capably advise the business and IT management.
- Has a deep understanding of Gilead business drivers and need.
- Fully absorbs the Legal function's strategic goals and objectives and is able to connect new, emerging functional solutions and/or technologies to support those goals.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/DevOps-Lead--Legal--IT_R0017581-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency