Payroll Specialist - French
- Job Type
Payroll Specialist - French
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, Financial Shared Services Centre, the position will be responsible for the administration of Payroll processes across several countries. This role is based in the International FSS in Cork.
The FSS currently manages payrolls for approx. 40 countries across the EMEA, LATAM, ASIA PAC & Canada regions. This position will interface with the Payroll provider, Gilead HR & Finance, Internal and external audit in ensuring a high-quality Payroll service to the management and staff of Gilead affiliates in all countries of operation.
- Work with HR and Payroll providers to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information and that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with country local requirements.
- Month end payroll activities-preparing journals, accruals and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and are implemented to capture changes month on month and any differences are reconciled and explained.
- Schedules, participates and facilitates payroll related meetings and presentations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies, e.g. Inland Revenue, etc.
- Prepare employee and payroll tax payments.
- Create and maintain control DTP documentation, process flows and procedures.
- Ensure a consistent focus and involvement in driving efficiencies and process improvements
- Manage the Payroll SPARC system ensuring mails are answered in a timely manner and filed appropriately.
- Work with external providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees' e.g. expatriate and international assignments.
- Working with internal and external audit to ensure the integrity of the payroll information.
- Assistance on Project related activities as required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
The person we seek is an experienced International French Payroll Specialist. Experience of setting up and/or operating Payroll processes in a Shared Service Centre in a multi-country corporate environment is advantageous as is a excellent standard of working in Oracle, SAP & proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excel skills need to be of a demonstrably high standard. The person will have and be able to demonstrate the following key competencies/skills:
- Accuracy: Attention to detail to ensure every employee is paid correctly and on time.
- Timely Delivery: Ensure all activities are completed to the deadlines set.
- Customer service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and inspiring the team to deliver on the service commitments.
- Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Interpersonal Skills: An effective team player, with developed communication and negotiation skills to focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with the Payroll process stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: A clear, fast thinker, problem solver, able to translate business needs into pragmatic solutions and implement them.
- Diversity: Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment.
- Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity and complexity that arises seeking out clarity at all times.
- Languages: Communicate effectively in English. French a requirement for this role & any additional European languages would be beneficial.
- Preferably IPASS qualified or international equivalent.
Gilead Core Values:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Financial-Specialist-II_R0017798
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency