Sr. Manager, Disaster Recovery System
- Job Type
Sr. Manager, Disaster Recovery System
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Sr. Manager, Disaster Recovery System is generally considered the technical owner of the system and is accountable for the secure, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of computer systems, related applications, hardware and software in order to ensure that system performance and availability expectations as specified by the business owner and IT are met or exceeded. This role is also accountable for the successful delivery of all relevant system related upgrades.
SMs can take technical lead roles based on the project needs and is responsible for the technical integrity of delivering application and/or infrastructure projects while providing technical guidance to business customers and collaborating with other project leads (Architects, IT leads, boundary application SMs). For validated computer systems and qualified infrastructure, the System Manager is accountable for ensuring inspection readiness through an ongoing effort to drive deviations and changes to timely closure.
- The Disaster Recovery System Manager will assist the IT Risk & Controls team in the following key activities:
- Manage, maintain, and enhance applications and solutions developed using VMWare Site Recovery Manager (SRM), Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) and AWS Cloud Endure technologies as per the business and IT requirements
- Develops subject master expertise (SME) in the overall systems and its integration with relevant other systems
- Serves as the Technical lead on relevant systems and related projects
- Partners with Business Process Owners (BPOs), other system managers (SM) and other business users to verify business needs and Disaster Recovery requirements that must be met by the defined platforms
- Assists other DR program team members and Company's application owners with deploying DR solutions for various applications using the supported DR tools (SRM, Zerto, CloudEndure)
- Accountable for ensuring that system periodic reviews and server maintenance to ensure reliable operations, system performance, security, compliance, and inspection readiness, are all performed in accordance with GxP policies and procedures.
- Provides visibility of projects or changes to other systems that may affect their application/systems, and ensures there is no degradation of service
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and advancements in relevant technology
- Associate's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years Experience OR PhD and Two Years Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of IT general computer controls
- 10+ Years' experience in a Technical Lead role
- Direct experience with operating or administering at least one of the following Disaster Recovery solutions: SRM, Zerto, AWS Cloud Endure.
- Significant experience using, managing, administering or configuring other supporting technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, Storage (SAN/NAS), VMWare, AWS
- Mid-level system and network security fundamentals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Eager to learn and improve processes
- Familiarity with GxP processes is desired
- AWS, Zerto or Cloud Endure certifications highly desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Associate-Director--Disaster-Recovery-Systems-Manager_R0017459
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency