Global Financial Solutions Director
- Job Type
Global Financial Solutions Director
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Gilead's Global Financial Solutions Director is responsible for leading a team of senior managers and accountants in the area of general ledger accounting and accounts receivable operations, month-end close, compliance, and stakeholder management. The Director is experienced in leading projects and leveraging technology to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of general ledger accounting and accounts receivable processes. This leader will have the ability to effectively prioritize work, demonstrate accountability, and lead a team of shared services professionals to support North America general ledger accounting and accounts receivable activities. The Director will also ensure systems and internal controls are adequate.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for managing, coaching and developing the shared services staff in the areas of intercompany, cash, fixed assets, accruals, prepaids, leasing, project accounting, AP accounting and AR.
- Promote a positive team environment
- Provide effective leadership and oversight to support staff in their current roles. Provide career development support and training, including succession planning.
- Establish strong partnerships with key internal organizations such as FP&A, Tax, SEC Reporting, Treasury and SOX functions. Recommend practical solutions associated with any new business transactions
- Build proactive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders and the global shared services teams to ensure global best practices and process consistency
- Work with the accounting staff, IT, and other functional groups to identify, recommend and implement streamlined and automated processes and system improvements
- Support global implementation of SAP ERP system, ensuring that all processes are implemented with best practices in mind. Drive toward standard global processes to improve consistency, scalability, and eliminate manual processes where possible
- Enhance analytical and reporting capabilities, including developing KPIs to update stakeholders regularly and provide meaningful decision support for management
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Develop, maintain and regularly assess internal controls for the record-to-report and order-to-cash processes and related software systems. Ensure internal controls and SOX narratives and controls are correct and comprehensive.
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing quarterly account reconciliations, balance sheet flux, and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Work closely with Global Financial Solutions Senior Director to develop strategic initiatives, goals and priorities
- Lead system implementation initiatives including coordinating system demos, gathering requirements, and facilitating the RFP process as needed
- Develop Power Point presentations and present business case proposals to senior executives for enhancements, tools or procedural changes to support new initiatives
- Provide project leadership for continuous improvement projects. This includes creating project plans, obtaining appropriate resources, conducting regular project meetings, and resolving issues.
- Influence and negotiate priorities with a focus on continuous improvement of operational processes and systems
- High school degree and 16 years' experience or Bachelor's degree and 12 years' experience or Masters' degree 10 years' experience
- Progressive accounting experience in a large complex multi-national corporation
- 6 years of management experience
- Demonstrated leadership involving skilled teams and change management
- Experience with complex cross-functional accounting and ERP projects
- Excellent communication skills, relationship building and business partnering skills
- Process development and process improvement experience required
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience in a large pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- SAP ERP software platform experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Global-Financial-Solutions-Director_R0017483
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency