A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Gallo laboratory to study, plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments in neuro-oncology. This position will be responsible to conduct functional experiments with patient-derived models in our preclinical/translational epigenomic lab. The goal of the position is to advance understanding of epigenomic drivers in brain tumors and identify opportunities for translation. The PDF will have an opportunity to work in a highly multidisciplinary environment in the Gallo lab, our institution and the Texas Medical Center.Job Duties
- Designs and performs experimental studies that directly answer biological questions, using both in vitro systems and xenograft/animal models.
- Collects and analyzes data and presents at local/national/international meetings.
- Summarizes research findings, prepare manuscripts for publication and publish results in peer-reviewed research journals.
- Applies for external fellowships.
- Mentors junior lab members.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Maintains laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- Works on projects designed to better understand the biology of brain tumors.
- Identifies new biological vulnerabilities that will be validated and targeted in relevant preclinical models - operate in a team environment
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.