Join the forefront of groundbreaking research at the Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope ,
where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. Our dedicated and compassionate faculty and staff are driven by a common mission: Contribute to innovative approaches in predicting, preventing, and curing diseases, shaping the future of medicine through cutting-edge research.
A Research Associate II position is available in the laboratory of Leo D. Wang, MD, PhD ,
at City of Hope, Duarte, CA.
The lab's research in the Department of Immuno-Oncology focuses on how blood and immune cells develop, function, and interact with other cells, with a second focus on how blood stem cells become malignant. We use mass spectrometry to identify activated protein circuits in rare blood stem and progenitor cell populations, including therapeutic chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells, and use that knowledge to improve and devise new therapies for pediatric cancers and blood disorders.As a successful candidate, you will:
Your qualifications should include:
- Coordinate lab tasks and operations, including ordering, inventory, and other essential functions.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and maintain equipment.
- Perform a variety of routine and non-routine laboratory research experiments. Record and validate results and methodology for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform preclinical rodent work (mouse handling, screening, injections, and analysis). Troubleshoot procedures if experiment results are unexpected or unsatisfactory. Recommend alternative procedures.
- Calculate, compile and analyze data obtained from work performed.
- Independently evaluate research data and initiate alternative approaches to improve the quality of results by providing input to overall research design. Train lab staff in specialized procedures, equipment and theoretical concepts behind unique tests.
- Keep detailed and accurate logs of experiments from conception to analysis, as well as of lab inventory and animal colonies.
- May contribute to the preparation of manuscripts by describing methods and specialized techniques.
- There may be some travel to local area research labs for collaborations, trainings, & operational expansion.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or one year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here .
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry, molecular biology, and cell culture is preferred.
- Computational skills (R, Python) are beneficial.
- Experience with animal husbandry also a plus.