At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
The Safety, Health, Environmental (SHE) Specialist is responsible for leading the safety program at the site to ensure compliance to governmental (local, state, federal) regulations, and conformance to applicable Management Systems and Henkel Standards. The position will interact daily with various facility employees as it pertains to SHE programs, and drive continuous improvement initiatives related to SHE performance of the site. The SHE Specialist shall bear final responsibility for the following areas:
- Cultivation of Henkel's culture and values by promoting communication, teamwork, and respectful treatment of all individuals
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety standards, as required, and perform necessary reporting to various agencies.
- Maintains records for all leading and lagging indicators and prepares and submits all Safety and Sustainability reporting statistics.
- Performs, coordinates or participates in internal and external SHE assessments (i.e. PHAs, JSAs, Ergonomic Assessments, ISO, PSM) to ensure compliance with SHE Standards and regulations.
- Leads site's Safety Committee, coordinate site risk assessments, and train site personnel as required in SHE policies, systems and practices.
- Responsible for Sites Compliance Calendar ensuring programs, training, emergency drills and various activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or another related field
- 1 to 3 years of related SHE experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong chemical background is preferred
- Experience with air permitting and OSHA reports preferred
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) preferred
- Experience with ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISO 50001 considered a plus
The salary for this role is $75,000.00 - $85,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, disabilities, veteran statuses, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and other legally protected characteristics.