At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE Summary of Position: Candidates for the Product Development Scientist position will be responsible for product development activities for waterborne packaging adhesives. This position requires knowledge of waterborne emulsion and colloid technology combined with the ability to tailor adhesive formulations to meet customer requirements for a variety of end-use applications. The candidate will utilize project management tools and work with cross-functional teams to execute projects to meet agreed timelines. The individual will also communicate results, both written and oral, to internal and external project teams. Responsibilities:
- Develop differentiated solutions to specific product, market, and customer needs; develop and apply advanced predictive test methods.
- Lead development projects
- Independently plan experimental design, conduct and organize lab work and testing as needed
- Present effectively and work across internal functions of sales, marketing, regulatory, and manufacturing to bring newly developed products and solutions from prototype to commercialization
- Establish good relationships and communicate effectively across internal functions and with external customers.
- Understand pertinent patent and scientific literature within relevant technical areas; utilize internal and external knowledge management tools for new patents or technology search.
- Develop capabilities in analyzing and understanding the implications of prior art and competitive technology.
- Understand important regulatory requirements affecting existing technology and markets.
- Travel to internal and customer locations for technical support, product introduction, line trials as required (approximately 10%).
- Advanced degree (Master degree or PhD) in polymer science, material science, chemistry or chemical engineering
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience
- Track record of technical capabilities evidenced by invention disclosures/patents/journal paper/new product development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team working spirit and proven ability to teach/influence others
- Knowledge of paper science and influence on adhesive performance is a plus
- Knowledge/prior experience with emulsion polymerization is a plus
- Solid knowledge of organic chemistry and/or polymer science with an understanding of the relationship between chemical structure and physical properties
The salary for this role is $94,100.00 - $135,400.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, disabilities, veteran statuses, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and other legally protected characteristics.