Why P a tients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. In Analytical Research & Development you will apply innovative separation science techniques, data analytics and modelling capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
With a passion for analytical science and chromatography and as part of diverse, multi-disciplinary teams, you'll support project teams within our development portfolio as they seek to design the highest quality analytical methodologies, capable of operating in development and/or manufacturing environments. You may lead a small team of scientists to both support the portfolio and develop new solutions and approaches in the field of chromatography, working globally across Analytical Research and Development. How You Will Achieve It
- You will use your knowledge of chromatographic techniques to develop analytical methods for the analysis of assets in the Pfizer small molecule portfolio - including in-process control samples, intermediates, and API as well as excipients, drug products and stability samples. Methods may need to be suitable for transfer to external vendors and/or manufacturing environments.
- You will develop and apply chromatographic techniques for problem solving, for example applying chromatographic techniques such as liquid, gas or supercritical fluid chromatography, for the identification and/or quantitation of impurities.
- You will advocate new technologies and process improvements, engaging with internal and external experts to drive continuously innovation of our capabilities, including championing the use of computational, modelling and simulation tools.
- You'll influencethe external environment through professional presentations, posters and seminars.
- You will stay abreast of the latest relevant literature, and provide technical coaching, mentoring and training to colleagues within Analytical R&D.
- Depending on the candidate, you may manage a team of scientists.
- Ph.D in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field, with 7+ years of relevant industrial experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of chromatographic techniques, with the ability and enthusiasm to learn new techniques.
- Experienced in the use of computational predictive tools, modelling software or data visualization tools as applied to chromatographic method development.
- Must be comfortable working as part of multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including visualization of data and publishing results.
- Experience with a wide variety of software and information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines with minimal supervision and interact with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Significant experience in the use of computational predictive tools, modelling software, data visualization tools and relevant publications in the chromatographic field is desirable.
- Prior experience with project teams and people leadership and/or new technology champion.
- Comfortable in leading or contributing as a member of a team.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Eligible for Employee Referral
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last Day to Apply: January 12, 2024
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $113,900.00 to $189,700.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer's Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 17.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life's moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site - U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development