International PhD Program in Microbiology Fully Funded PhD Positions
We are excited to invite applicants with a strong interest for interdisciplinary research in modern microbiology to apply for fully funded PhD positions at the International Max Planck Research School Principles of Microbial Life.
Applicants should hold an M.Sc. degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, chemistry, chemical biology, physics, biophysics, or another relevant field.
The International Max Planck Research School Principles of Microbial Life is a joint initiative of the University of Marburg, the Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, and the Center for Synthetic Microbiology. More than 30 research group leaders participate in the program and cover research in:
Cellular organization and architecture
Microbial communities and host-microbe interactions
Natural products and chemical biology
Physiology and metabolism
Signal transduction and information processing
Systems and synthetic biology
- A research project in a vibrant, international research community
- Mentoring by world-class scientists through a thesis advisory committee
- Access to state-of-the-art research facilities
- Structured interdisciplinary training program which includes lectures, seminars, scientific and transferable skill workshops, attendance to retreats and conferences
- Salary based on the Collective Agreement for the Public Service in Germany (TVöD), which includes health and social insurance coverage
- Assistance service for international researchers
Deadline for applying is January 31, 2024. Apply directly via the online application system: https://imprs-marburg-appl.mpg.de/public/
Accepted candidates can start their PhD projects already in summer of 2024. The PhD program starts in October 2024.
For more information about the International Max Planck Research School Principles of Microbial Life, please visit our website: https://imprs-marburg.mpg.de/
X (Twitter): @IMPRS_Mic
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology
35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: +49 6421 178-905