The Atherosclerosis Clinical Research Laboratory in the Cardiovascular Research Section in the Department of Medicine is a CLIA certified lab. We are offering a highly motivated and competent professional the opportunity to serve as a Research Assistant 1.Job Duties
- Prepares and conducts research experiments.
- Collects and analyzes research data.
- Acquires new skills to operate laboratory equipment and routine laboratory research methods.
- Prepares data reports to document results from research studies.
- Assists with troubleshooting technical issues related to research studies
- Evaluates data from research studies and reports directly to principal investigator.
- Develops study-specific databases and performs database management.
- Manages CAP/CLIA required documentation and requirements for the laboratory.
- Oversees maintenance and certification of laboratory equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in basic science or a related field.
- The candidate should be able to perform data base management with minimal supervision and needs to be knowledgeable about CAP/CLIA and will be required to maintain the lab's certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.