To strengthen our team in the division "Component safety" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
Research assistant (m/f/d) in the field of materials science, mechanical engineering, physical engineering, production engineering or data management
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 31.12.2025
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordination and implementation of the research project: „Safe Hydrogen Injection Modelling and Management for European gas network Resilience“ (SHIMMER). With the focus on the development of a databank for common materials and components in the European natural gas infrastructure. The work includes the analysis of national and international information regarding the service conditions of materials and components in the infrastructure (e. g. pressure, temperature, composition and purity of the transported medium). This information should be embedded in the developed databank.
- Optimization of the results with the involved European transmission and distribution system operators
- Participation in the regular project meetings (in presence and online)
- Successfully completed university degree (diploma/master's degree) in materials science, mechanical engineering, physical engineering, production engineering or data management
- Profound knowledge of materials science and welding technology of metallic materials
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge in the field of natural gas infrastructure and hydrogen assisted cracking is desirable
- Knowledge of digital data management and creation/programming of databases as well as programming skills (e. g. LabVIEW, Python, or similar) are an advantage
- Experience in project work, project coordination and project organization is a plus
- Experience in writing scientific reports and publications is desirable
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate and flexibility
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 31.12.2023. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 277/23-9.0 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Mr Sobol will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104‑4573 and/or by email to Oded.Sobol@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.