The mission of the Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center (GFHNRC) is to study the roles of foods, food factors, agriculture practices and physical activity on human health, obesity prevention, and maintenance of a healthy body weight.
The GFHRNC is seeking an enthusiastic, highly qualified candidate for a permanent, full-time Supervisory Research Nutritionist/Physiologist/Chemist.
The selected candidate will implement, and report results of, research designed to elucidate the roles of individual whole foods or diets in preventing nutrition-related chronic diseases.
The selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing vision, leadership, and line authority over scientists and support personnel.
- Submitting at least two manuscripts per year for publication of experimental results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Presenting information at scientific meetings and at other research institutions.
- Planning, implementing, and reporting the results of research designed to elucidate the roles of individual whole foods or diets in preventing nutrition-related chronic diseases.
- Using clinical trials that include human feeding studies.
- And more.
GS classification will be dependent on experience.
Please see the USAJOBS posting (https://www.usajobs.gov/job/761405300) for more information on requirements and responsibilities expected for this position.
Salary and Benefits
$116,393 to $177,978 per year. Schedule: 8 hours shift (Monday to Friday). Work Location: In Person.
Please see the USAJOBS posting (https://www.usajobs.gov/job/761405300) for more information on the benefits provided.
Interested in helping GFHNRC make a difference in the lives of entire generations? To apply, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/job/761405300. USDA/ARS is an equal opportunity employer and provider.