The BioInspired Institute for Material and Living Systems at Syracuse University is launching a cohort hiring initiative for postdoctoral associates in multiple research groups. The postdoctoral associates hired into these positions will work in a new, interdisciplinary and colocalized laboratory in the BioInspired Institute. The BioInspired Institute spans multiple departments in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering and Computer Science. Further information on the Institute and its programming can be found at https://bioinspired.syr.edu/. The overarching goals of the Institute are to enhance collaboration and promote world-class interdisciplinary research to quantitatively understand complex biological systems, and rationally design programmable smart materials to address grand challenges in health, medicine, and materials innovation.
Positions are available in the following laboratories:
- Austin Garner. Functional animal morphology with the overarching goal of informing and improving the bio-inspired design of synthetic attachment devices.
- Xiaoran Hu: Synthesis of functional polymers and/or novel drug delivery systems.
- Anupam Pandey: Interactions of liquid with soft, poro-elastic interfaces and slender structures for passive, reversible modulation of drop motion on soft interfaces.
- Mirna Skanata: Use model organism (Drosophila) with advanced imaging technology and optophysiology techniques to elucidate how correlated neural activity generates behaviors.
- Theodore Walker: Use computational tools and theories for modeling biological systems, especially in solvent effects and liquid phase biomass conversion processes.
- Yaoying Wu: Biomaterials strategies to delivering molecular stimuli for regulating immune functions, in particular to harness humoral immune responses for therapeutic purpose by regulating cellular processes.
- Yi Zheng: Research on controllable and reproducible human biosystems using stem cells, and to apply these biosystems for new discoveries in human development, disease etiology, and regenerative medicine.
More information and links to apply here: https://bioinspired.syr.edu/jobs/#s:postdocs-and-technicians
Postdoctoral associates in this cohort will:
- Join an exciting and dynamic multidisciplinary institute that includes an existing population of 20+ postdocs.
- Work in newly-renovated, interdisciplinary laboratories in the Center for Science and Technology, along with other BioInspired faculty, students, and postdocs from Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, and Physics.
- Have access to the Institute’s extensive Professional Development Program, which focuses on skills of special interest to trainees in STEM https://bioinspired.syr.edu/education/development-program/.
- Access numerous Institute and campus resources including the BioInspired Materials Characterization Core, the Blatt Bioimaging Center, Syracuse University Research Computing clusters, and more.