The Endometriosis Center is a multi-disciplinary team made up of specialists from MIGS (minimally invasive gynecology surgery), Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI), Reproductive Psychology, Urology Gynecology, and Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. Endometriosis affects 1 in 10 women and causes chronic pelvic pain and is the leading cause of infertility. Dr. Xiaoming Guan leads the MIGS division that specializes in Endometriosis surgery and management. Dr. Guan and his multidisciplinary team have been awarded a grant to continue their Endometriosis research due to their innovative work and accomplishments. The Research Associate will assist with research and publish their groundbreaking findings.Job Duties
- Work on ongoing sponsor-investigator trials, multi-center collaborative research projects and biospecimen repositories
- Plan, directs, and conducts research experiments
- Develop research techniques and preform applications required for the projects
- Document research activities for publications, research protocols, and grant reporting
- Support daily operations and work closely with the Division Director and our multi-disciplinary team
- Collect and analyze data, develop and maintain REDCap databases
- May supervise and coordinate the activities for less experience research staff on collaborate research projects
Department Specific Criteria
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of clinical trials, study design, statistical methods and data reporting
- Requires familiarity with medical, clinical research and/or scientific terminology
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.