Laboratory Equipment and Maintenance
· Performs routine maintenance of ultra-low freezers, liquid nitrogen, C02 and water levels.
· Manually operates microscopes, assess staining quality, order antibodies. Visually reads equipment operation manuals and procedure manual whenever necessary.
· Must be able to comply with all institutional safety policies including Universal Precautions and OSHA standards when handling toxic, hazardous, flammable, radioactive or potentially infectious or carcinogenic materials. This may require wearing common protective garments or equipment such as gloves, eye protection, face mask, gown or lab coat, etc. Additionally some procedures may require the use of a fume hood or biological safety cabinet.
· Staining of tissues, evaluation of cells under the microscope, counting cells, analysis of staining quality.
· Monitors, and shelves tissue culture supplies to ensure efficient functioning.
· Organizes the sequencing data generated in the lab, quality assessment of data, coordination with sequencing core facilities, support data analysis for other members in the lab
Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html