7000 patients, 1200 clinical sites, 40 countries, 100+ clinical studies led by Novartis Clinical Sciences & Innovation (CS&I) last year.
Who are we? We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Scientists who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide in general medicine. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and - most importantly - with patients’ interests to the fore.
Curious, unbossed, inspired, integrity; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
As a member of our team, you will lead the clinical science and operations of planning and executing translational medicine clinical trials and programs. Collaborate across our global network in the drug development continuum. Partner with outstanding physicians and scientists. Build therapeutic area expertise. Revolutionize next-generation, digital and patient-centric trial design. Be always curious, innovative and inspiring.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operationally and scientifically lead complex clinical studies
• Drive and deliver aspects of global clinical trial execution from study design and set-up to final reporting
• Lead the matrix-management of robust global clinical trial teams, collaborating across the organization and externally with service providers/investigator sites
• Drive the development of clinical study protocols and other required documents
• Ensure quality conduct and document standards are applied across the clinical trial lifecycle
• Lead clinical data review
• Contribute to project/program level plans
• Mentor junior team members
• Support optimization of standard methodologies in clinical trial operations and adopt an open learning and sharing environment
• Unleash the value of data and digital within clinical studies.
This position is written for a Senior Clinical Scientist level - we may consider a Clinical Scientist or Clinical Science Expert level for a suitable candidate with less or more significant relevant experience, respectively. The final level & title of the offer role would be determined by the hiring team based on the skills, experience & capabilities required to perform the role at the level the role has been offered.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Education: A minimum of BSc in life sciences is required. A MSc, PharmD or PhD is desired.
• Senior clinical scientist level: 6+ years’ experience - within Pharma clinical trial management/operations, coupled with a broad knowledge of the drug development field .
• Demonstrated leadership experience and well-developed interpersonal skills.
• A track record of collaborating with and influencing a wide range of people, and of building strong partnerships.
• Strong project management experience; excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; used to managing multiple priorities concurrently.
• High change agility, thriving in an open and dynamic environment. Able to learn proactively, tackle issues and take accountability.
• Clear written and verbal expression of ideas; an active communicator.
• Early phase clinical trial experience.
• Experience in Immunology trials and scientific experience is desirable
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!