PK Sciences (PKS) offers you this opportunity to make an impact, where 450 projects are straddling discovery through development. PKS is a global organization of about 300 associates, situated within Translational Medicine (TM), in Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research (NIBR). It is an enterprise organization, unique within pharmaceutical industry, where one can work across both NIBR (Research) and the Global Drug Development (GDD) organizations to apply the scientific knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, metabolism and clinical pharmacology in advancing the drug candidates from discovery and clinical development through approval and beyond. Novartis portfolio consists of projects using several therapeutic modalities including small molecules, biologics, gene therapy and cell-based therapies. We are active in multiple therapy areas like Oncology, Autoimmune Diseases, Neuroscience, Musculoskeletal Diseases, Ophthalmology, Respiratory, Cardio-metabolic and Infectious diseases. We collaborate across scientific and organizational boundaries, with a focus on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as scientific leaders with our CRO partners; focusing on the fundamental science helping our external partner outcomes be as good as possible. You will be responsible for the development and validation of bioanalytical assays for PK, PD and ADA, and support other new modalities such as oligonucleotides and Cell and Gene therapies platforms
Coordinate project support and planning of lab resources, ensuring high quality data delivery within timelines in support of global Bioanalysis teams and other stakeholders
Provide technical oversight of external development and implementation of regulated immunogenicity and molecular biology assays.
Provide consultation and technical support for clinical Immunogenicity strategy discussions within Global Bioanalysis, and data interpretation consistent with current industry and health authority expectations
Contribute relevant bioanalytical sections to regulatory and submission documents (e.g. IB, CTD)
• Overall responsibility for method development, validation, and implementation of immunogenicity and pharmacokinetic assays as endpoints and/or safety assays for biologics development, clinical studies and post-marketing studies
• Have the unique opportunity to work on the latest modalities including, but not limited to, mAbs, multi specific Ab, Therapeutic protein, Gene therapy, Ab-Drug Conjugate, SiRNA, Chimeric Antigen Receptor Therapy
• work as part of the clinical bioanalytical team to a high degree of quality and rigor, ensuring compliance with regulatory guidance, internal SOPs and the preparation of high quality regulatory submissions
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Ph.D. Life Science, Chemistry or Immunology
• Significant (e.g. 5 years+) post-PhD relevant experience from an international pharmaceutical company or CRO with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility
• Subject matter expert / extensive clinical bioanalytics, bringing scientific knowledge to the global Bioanalytical team, internal and external stakeholders. You thoroughly understand the industry landscape, Health Authority expectations, and bring scientific innovation and influence
• Experienced in writing and supporting others contributing to the bioanalytical sections of regulatory and submission documents
• Hands-on experience developing ligand binding assays
• Fundamental understanding of immunogenicity assay development and qualification, used to assisting with LBA method troubleshooting across a variety of platforms. Strong knowledge of integrated immunogenicity data interpretation especially in conjunction with safety/PK/clinical data
• Advanced/business-level oral and written English
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network