Principal Scientist (m/f/d), Kundl, Austria
2023 will potentially see Sandoz become a standalone organization! Already a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, this is an exciting, once-in-a-career opportunity to set our own path forward as an independent, purpose-driven organization, and as the founders of a new Sandoz, this is a time of immense opportunity for us all, both professionally and personally!
Together we will shape the future of Sandoz... are you ready to make a difference?
Your key responsibilities:
We are looking for you as an experienced Principal Scientist/Project Lead in Pharmaceutical Development to join our team in Sandoz Development Center in Kundl, Austria. We focus on development of oral and parenteral dosage forms. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• You will lead and coordinate pre-formulation, formulation and process development tasks and represent pharmaceutical development in the project team of assigned projects.
• You are accountable for managing all pharmaceutical development related activities of Drug Product development incl. pre-formulation, Quality by Design formulation and process development, technology transfers.
• Design, plan, perform and documentation as well as statistical analysis and interpretation of scientific experiments to drive development of final drug product and manufacturing process for solid and liquid dosage forms applying QbD principles with special focus on rigorous DoE
• You will need to communicate effectively across organizational interfaces i.e. project-/program management, line functions etc.
• You will proactively identify scientific, technological and GMP issues, propose creative solutions and communicate key issues to the appropriate management level
• You are responsible for high quality documentation for regulatory submissions and you will interact with authorities, act as technical expert in audits, inspections etc.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 5 - 7 years of hands-on industry experience in formulation, preformulation, deformulation and manufacturing process development
• Proficient in using statystical tools like Minitab, Design Expert etc.
• Excellent understanding of regulatory expectations and requirements including EMA, US FDA, ANVISA, PM
• Expert understanding of Data Integrity, cGMP, ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements
• Experience working in interdisciplinary teams with excellent theoretical and scientific knowledge of product development
• Proven track record of creativity, problem solving and productivity
• Proficient scientific/technical writing skills
• Languages: Fluent in English (oral and written), basic German skills are an advantage
Almost 500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2022 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
We are at a pivotal moment in our history giving us the freedom to invest in our future so we can continue to help millions of people access affordable high-quality medicines. Together we will shape the future of Sandoz, building an organization from the ground up and in return, experience an ambitious environment with impactful, flexible-hybrid careers, where diversity is welcomed and where personal growth is encouraged!
The future is ours to shape!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is 60.212,18 EUR/year (on a full-time basis). In most cases, the actual salary will be higher, as we strive to maintain a competitive position in the market and consider your previous experience, qualifications and individual competencies. We are open for part-time and job-sharing models and support flexible and remote working where possible.
Join our Sandoz Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool