1 purpose...to reimagine medicine and strive to be one of the leading companies in Precision Medicine through the delivery and execution of an end-to-end biomarker strategy! We deliver “fit for purpose” integrated biomarker in our clinical trial leveraging diverse expertise and knowledge in genetics, genomics, protein and cellular biology, digital devices, and state of the art data sciences. Our innovative spirit enables the development and application of cutting-edge technologies that address key clinical questions across programs in many disease areas.
What you’ll be doing
As a Principal Scientist within Biomarker Development Molecular & Cellular Sciences group you will partner with disease area, medical experts to define and execute robust “fit for purpose” clinical biomarker strategy that address key scientific and clinical questions for programs in early and late clinical development phases.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• As biomarker clinical expert in project teams, you will provide scientific and technical insights, contribute to the overall clinical study biomarker strategy and plan, lead the execution and support interpretation of biomarker data to enable proof of mechanism, proof of biology, safety and efficacy understanding and patient selection.
• As biomarker study lead in clinical studies (early and late phases), you will be accountable for the definition and execution of the cellular and soluble biomarker plan and the successful implementation of internal and external “fit for purpose” biomarker assays.
• Manage activities and supervise laboratory in compliance with Novartis guidelines and Good Clinical Practice.
• Identify and evaluate new innovative biomarker technologies to cover biomarker needs and gaps in early and late projects.
• Partner with outsourcing functions to evaluate new CROs, drive transitioning and monitoring of internally developed assays to external vendors.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $112,800 and $169,200/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
This position will be located at Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• PhD in Biology, Chemistry or Pharmacology or equivalent related experience with Postdoctoral Fellowship completed or MS (USA)/equivalent (e.g., university degree, etc) and 10+ years experience in scientific and technical discipline of relevant field (such as but not limited to neurosciences, infectious diseases, immunology)
• Robust understanding, knowledge and expertise in ligand binding assay and/or Mass Spectrometry and/or flow cytometry
• Extensive experience in technical development, validation, and implementation of soluble and cellular biomarker assays in clinical studies according to international guidelines
• Proven ability to work and lead in a global and matrix environment
• Solid understanding of tools, practices and processes employed in clinical trial settings and drug development
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
• Play a critical role in clinical development to define disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for a drug, across all indications
• Join a global group of ~110 associates in Basel Switzerland, Cambridge Massachusetts, East Hanover New Jersey and Shanghai, China.
• Work with the latest technologies
• Be part of a world class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs
Why consider Novartis?
Transformative medicines need transformative thinking. We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
No video provider was found to handle the given URL. See the documentation for more information.