The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, are looking to recruit a Research Assistant to join Dr. Mill's laboratory, which focuses on studying conserved aspects of how stem cells are recruited from differentiated cells via a process known as paligenosis. We use a highly dynamic approach that includes: mouse genetic models, cell culture models, 3D mouse and human organoid cultures, and human gastrointestinal tissues. Further, we apply transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics approaches to dissect the role for autophagy, transcriptional regulation of gene expression, organelle trafficking, and metabolic regulation of cell fate. The successful candidate will join our exciting research team located at the main campus of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. This competitive research project is not only important for basic science understanding of fundamental cell processes but also has significant near-term translational potentials.Job Duties
- Participates in exciting research projects mentioned above.
- Helps the PI and team in research and manages the lab.
- Conducts research experiments.
- Evaluate, manage, and analyze research data.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in basic science or a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.