At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The Analytical Chemist is an entry/early career level, lab-based position that will perform analysis of Henkel's surface treatment, adhesives, sealants and related products.
- The role focus entails expertise with microscopy, spectroscopy, chromatography, and x-ray related techniques as applied to analytical chemistry evaluation.
- The chemistry evaluation includes but is not limited to qualitative identification of materials, quantitative measure of chemical composition and general problem-solving skills.
- The role requires process orientation and experience with oversight of high-volume lab processes with minimal supervision from senior technical staff.
- Knowledge and experience with software for statistical evaluation, presentation and report generation is mandatory.
- Operation and routine Maintenance of Analytical Equipment, and upkeep of analytical methods/procedures
- Work efficiently & effectively on major project Henkel teams
- Preparation of quality customer reports & project portfolio management.
- Customer interfacing (Communication: Correspondence, Presentation, etc.)
- Position will have a Jan. 2024 start date.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry is required.
- Prior laboratory experience in industry or internship is required.
- Previous experience in an Analytical laboratory with wet chemistry skills (titration, filtration, dilution, extraction, gravimetric determinations) is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with GC-FID, ICP, IC, SEM/EDS and FTIR is desirable.
- Prior use of pH and specific ion electrode meters desired.
The salary for this role is $57,000.00 - $65,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.