At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel continuously drive the evolution in dynamic categories. With our trusted brands, including Cold Power, Bref and Schwarzkopf, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. This job will be based in Ingleburn, NSW. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Packaging development and implementation: Lead the development and implementation of creative and innovative packaging solutions for Henkel consumer brand products conforming to the highest international standards and quality, functionality, cost, sustainability, market, safety, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Packaging promotions: Lead the development of packaging solutions for promotional activities.
- Packaging margin improvement projects: Feed the pipeline with initiatives/ideas that generate savings for the business.
- Project management: Steering and coordination/leading of projects (totally or partially). May lead very complex projects on his/her own.
- Performance tests: Ensure the implementation of Henkel International Test Procedures and lead the execution of all needed performance tests.
- Packaging trends: Keep up to date with packaging trends, new technology, materials, and sustainability developments, incorporating insights into strategies that may lead to a competitive advantage. Fill the consumer insights pipeline with new ideas/technologies that fit to business/consumer need in ANZ.
- Stakeholder management: Drive the technical agenda, building the reputation as key business partner to marketing, supply chain and purchasing. Build and nurture relationships with key partners and suppliers.
- Building talent and teams: Maintain and build strategically the packaging skills, technical expertise, and role relevant competencies within the team through people development, coaching, and training. Work closely with other R&D managers to foster a united team spirit, improved processes, and procedures as well as common ways of workings.
- Good lab practice: Audit the packaging lab to ensure that all activities/processes are fitting to Henkel standards and good lab practices.
- Degree in Packaging Engineering or comparable degree.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a packaging role within FMCG or similar industry.
- Able to manage and deliver products and projects on time and to budget.
- Able to build trusting relationships and collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and eager to learn.
- Able to critically analyse situations and provide insightful observations and improvements.
- Self-motivated, creative, and an open-minded team-player.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, mindset, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.