The Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Research Coordinator II is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day to day activities of clinical research protocols on the Neuro-oncology team. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient care team.Job Duties
- Interview, screen and recruit patients for therapeutic and non-therapeutic studies; perform the subject
- consent process for biology, procurement and registry studies; explain process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collect patient information through direct patient interviews, questionnaires and chart abstractions;process documents and enters information into databases or case report forms.
- Collaborate with study team and physicians to assist in determining patient eligibility for research protocols.
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to
- procedures outlined in study protocol and SOPs.
- Maintains study records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Schedule research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol; retrieve and submit test results to appropriate party.
- Collects, evaluates, enters and tracks data
- Collects research patient information (i.e. medical history, labs) from the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Maintains accurate source documentation and case report forms (CRFs) per protocol.
- Submits data, study documents and/or reports to regulatory agencies
- Submits accurate research data via CRF to external sources in a timely manner.
- Provides appropriate and timely responses to sponsor data requests or queries.
- Assists with completion of protocol-specific documents
- Monitors protocol compliance and appropriately communicates errors or deficient source documentation.
- Establishes study files and prepares and oversees study-related documentation
- Creates and maintains research charts
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.