To strengthen our team in the department “Materials Chemistry” in Berlin-Adlershof, starting 01.01.2024, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Research Associate (m/f/d) in the field of chemistry and materials science
Salary group 13 TVöD
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Research and development in the field of materials chemistry
- Synthesis, structural and property characterisation of advanced materials (organic, organometallic, oxidic) for energy conversion, storage and sensing using automated methods.
- Establishment and further development of the transfer of traditional synthesis of organic, organometallic and oxidic compounds into automated syntheses and the automation of characterisation of advanced data analysis
- Supporting other groups in the automation of synthesis processes
- Coordination of scientific issues within the priority programme Materials Acceleration Platform (MAPz@BAM)
- Perspective assumption of responsibility for the equipment for single crystallography, including calibration, maintenance and instruction of new users as well as service measurements within the framework of internal and external collaborations
- Writing research proposals in the context of BAM's current focus topics
- Publication of results in peer-reviewed journals
- Presentation of results at international conferences
- Supervision of young scientists
- Successful scientific university degree specialising in chemistry and materials science and a very good PhD
- Extensive experience in the field of synthesis and characterisation of structure and properties of organic, organometallic and oxide advanced materials demonstrated by publications.
- International expertise in the field of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) demonstrated by publications.
- Experience in single crystal diffractometry proven by publications
- Experience in automation and optimisation of syntheses
- Several years of experience in application and beam time utilisation for in-situ investigations at synchrotrons
- Several years of experience in solid state analysis, confident command of the most important solid state characterisation methods (XRD, Raman, IR, DTA-TG)
- Sound knowledge of electrochemistry
- Proven programming skills in Python
- Proven skills in scientific writing and presenting in front of an audience
- Experience in acquisition and management of F&E-projects
- Experience in supervision of young scientists
- Very good command of English
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, flexibility as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 03.10.2023. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 221/23-6.0 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Franziska Emmerling will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104‑1133 and/or by email to Franziska.Emmerling@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a higher level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.