The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
The Biological Safety Engineer will work in the Experiments and Biology Safety Unit of the Safety Group under the supervision of the Unit Head. Her / his main tasks will be the following:
- Provide assistance to the Head of the Experiments and Biology Safety Unit of the Safety Group in various safety matters related to biological and biochemical safety.
- Organise the safety evaluation and safety follow-up of the MX experiments on ESRF and CRG beamlines
- Assume the safety follow-up of biological laboratories at the ESRF (including PSB)
- Act as contacts person with the authorities for different matters related to biological safety (ANSM, HB, ...)
- Organise the Biology and biochemistry safety training for staff members and users
- Higher university Degree in a relevant field (Biology / Biochemistry / Chemistry)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of relevant French and European legislation
- Excellent command, both written and spoken, of the English and French languages
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit
- Well-organised, reliable and committed
- Problem-solving skills and ability to set priorities
- Sense of confidentiality and discretion
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe's Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.