The Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology (MMI) at the University of California, Davis School of Medicine invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Regular/In Residence Series) in Microbiome Sciences, including the role of microbiome in human health and disease, microbial metabolism, microbiome ecology, interaction of mucosal pathogens with host-associated microbial communities, metagenomics, antimicrobial resistance, microbiome changes and implications in viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections. The earliest anticipated start date is February 2, 2024.
The successful candidate is expected to develop a funded research program in microbiome sciences. In addition, the candidate is expected to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative team atmosphere, and strong commitment to contributing to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our current research vision includes innovative translational discoveries at the intersection of microbiome, immunology, infectious diseases and epigenetics for enhancing human health and serving the needs of underserved populations and to advance these discoveries to practice. This research recruitment will bolster the intellectual and technical capacity of the microbiome core infrastructure and will generate new ideas and technologies to advance collaborative research in microbiome and human health.
QUALIFICATIONS Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• For applicants at the Assistant Professor level, a strong record of research publications and potential for obtaining extramural funding is required.
• The successful candidate must have a Ph.D., MD. or MD./Ph.D.with postdoctoral experience & a record of excellent research publications.
• Experience in basic, translational and/or collaborative research in areas that integrate well with the research strengths in the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology and related programs at the University of California, Davis is required.
• Teaching experience
• Outstanding record of research publications, independence, and creativity in Microbiome sciences.
• Ability to establish and maintain a strong extramurally funded research program.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to foster collegiality and work collaboratively in a diverse environment.
• Ability to participate in the academic and service missions of the University.
• For applicants at Associate Professor and Professor level, a strong track record of teaching at the graduate level, extramural funding and published research is required.
• Demonstrable commitment to the University’s mission of research, teaching and service.
• Published work in relation to Microbiome research
• Extramural funding is desirable. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS Document requirements
• Cover Letter • Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Teaching
• Statement of Research
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• 3-5 letters of reference required.
For the full position description and to apply, visit: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF05950