This USDA, ARS position (1 vacancy) is co-located with the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Institute for Advancing Health through Agriculture (IHA). This institute's vision is to forge linkages between food and health through responsive agriculture and precision nutrition, spanning a variety of research disciplines to identify solutions to make individuals healthier and to reduce overall annual healthcare costs. Moreover, the research campus is recognized as a premier research entity in agriculture, natural resources, and the life sciences; and conducts studies that deliver impactful findings throughout Texas and around the world.
- Perform leading research using precision nutrition to identify solutions to make individuals healthier and reduce overall annual healthcare costs;
- Plan and conduct studies to analyze and understand complex data for use in supporting responsive agricultural and precision nutrition that enhance human, environmental and economic health outcomes;
- Seeks and develops collaborations with university, industry, and government scientists;
- Conducts both independent and multi-disciplinary, team-based research and analyzes experimental data, composes manuscripts for publication of experimental results, and presents information at scientific meetings and at other research institutions;
- Manage a research program, including personnel, equipment and fiscal resources following agency?s mission and scientific procedures, requirements and protocols;
- Supervise employees, to include setting performance standards, monitoring performance and guiding subordinates.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National