Director, Business Development
Arizona State University
Corp Engagemt & Strat Partnshp
Corporate Engagement & Strategic Partnerships within the ASU Knowledge Enterprise (KE) is seeking an innovative and enterprising Business Development Director to join their team. In this position, you will focus on the growth of corporate partnerships by engaging industry partners and collaborating across the ASU Academic Enterprise, Knowledge Enterprise, and the Learning Enterprise.
Under administrative direction, you will develop, market, manage and spearhead the corporate business development function for special initiatives in KE. Additionally, you will establish relationships and senior-level business networks locally, regionally, and globally for purposes of business development, partnership management, and revenue generation. It will also be required of you to advance and implement business development activities, seek sources of funding, expand professional networks, and establish policies to successfully generate resources for the University.
$85,000 - $120,000 per year; DOE
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a master’s degree in business-related discipline or technology related.
- 6 years of related experience specifically in relationship management, business development, marketing, and program operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate relations, business operations, and business development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management and financial principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of organizational management.
- Experience in negotiating contract terms with clients and communicating with stakeholders.
- Experience in problem-solving and decision-making in a complex organization.
- Experience in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities, and establishing priorities.
- Experience in planning and executing projects. Experience in project design and development.
- Experience in establishing and expanding relationships with senior executives.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in designing presentations; public speaking and pitches.
- Experience in program development, revenue forecasting, budgeting, administration, and business planning.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a complex organization.
- Experience in marketing and presenting advanced concepts.
- Experience in traveling locally, nationally, and globally.
- Experience in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to potentially conflicting interests and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to changing priorities and time constraints.
- Additional qualities: Genuine interest in collaboration, innovation, and improvement for all parties involved.
- Additional qualities: Dynamic persona, positive attitude, honest, trustworthy, excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and relationship management expertise.
- Climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of being in a stationary position.
- Constantly detects and operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Ability to clearly communicate and exchange accurate information to perform essential duties.
- Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
For the eighth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all eight years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. To learn more about how Knowledge Enterprise is a place for your career to grow, visit https://research.asu.edu/about-us/careers.
At Corporate Engagement & Strategic Partnerships, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value your unique background and perspective, and you may be just the right candidate for this position or other roles on our team.
Working at ASU has additional perks and OUTSTANDING benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume & Cover Letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: