The Center for Advanced Innate Cell Therapy (AICT) within the Texas Children's Cancer and Hematology Center at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) has an opening for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor to lead an innovative research effort in tumor antigen discovery, design and testing of synthetic tumor-specific receptors, and development of novel cell therapies targeting pediatric malignancies. AICT provides a highly competitive recruitment package including a start-up funding, recently renovated laboratory space, and highly supportive academic environment. Among the many core facilities available at BCM are ones supporting cGMP manufacturing of cell and gene therapy products, Single Cell Genomics, Metabolomics, Analytical Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Pathology, Flow Cytometry, and the state-of-the-art Microscopy. The successful candidate will join a team of laboratory and clinical investigators at the AICT who work collaboratively on the development and clinical testing of safe and effective therapies for childhood cancer using natural and engineered properties of the immune system.
Research areas of interested candidates include:
- Tumor antigen discovery
- Adoptive cell therapy
- Immunobiology of anti-tumor immune effector cells
- Synthetic immune receptors
- Cell signaling, specifically as pertains to natural or synthetic tumor-specific receptors
The successful candidate is expected to be a highly motivated early- or mid-career tumor immunologist with an exceptionally strong record of publications in the top-tier peer-reviewed journals, stage-appropriate grant awards, and demonstrated expertise in their area of research.
- PhD, MD, or PhD/MD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. pediatrics, hematology-oncology, immunology, molecular biology, cancer biology, molecular biology)
- At least two years in the rank of an Instructor
- Track record of cutting-edge research with an outstanding record of scientific accomplishment
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access.
Email your CV here: email@example.com
Apply here today: https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Pediatrics-Oncology-%28Associate-Professor%29-Texa/854272700/