Principle Investigators and Post-doc Positions in Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University
Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University is committed to Hainan’s strategic development needs and Zhejiang University’s “Double First-Class” initiative. The institute benefits from the resources, location, policies of Hainan Free Trade Port (Hainan FTP) and the talents, scientific research, and nation’s premier disciplines of Zhejiang University focusing on the ocean (deep-sea) and tropical agriculture (Southern Breeding) field special topics, contributing to the talent cultivation, scientific research, industrial development, etc. The institute is dedicated to accommodating the demand of Hainan’s characteristic economic and industrial development with the achievement in scientific research. The institute aims to become a national-level scientific research center, build a framework of innovation featuring the coordinated efforts of the government, enterprises, universities, research institutions, and consumers. A major component of Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University’s identity as a teaching, research, and research achievement transformation institute, devoting to building Hainan FTP and exploring the construction of free trade ports with distinctive Chinese features.
Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University has formed 15 scientific research and innovation groups, with around 170 full-time and part-time faculty and staff.
Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University currently has 452 graduate students enrolled in Hainan Special Program. The institute collaborates with College of Oceanography, College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, and College of Animal Science of Zhejiang University to have the students complete the courses at Zhejiang University and conduct research work in Hainan.
Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University focuses on the fundamental and frontier fields of ocean and tropical agriculture, works on the essential technologies and applied scientific research, which can boost Hainan high-tech development. The institute has been deeply involved in the establishment of Yazhou Bay Seed Laboratory in Hainan Province and the deep-sea technology innovation platform and including three key marine experimental platforms (wavegather water tank, centrifuge and waveguide water tank), and Nanfan platform. The institute was constructing the advanced technology and industrial innovation platform of Zhejiang University (Hainan), to provide technical support for Hainan's scientific and technological innovation and modern industrial development.
Recruitment positions: Principle Investigators/Post-doc
1. Have a doctorate degree from prestigious universities;
2. The age of Junior/Senior Principle Investigator should be under 40 years old in general, and the direction leader and team leader should be under 55 years old in general;
3. Achievements in the past five years with important influence in the field;
4. High-level talents are not subject to the above conditions.
Interested research area：
- Postharvest preservation of agricultural products and cold chain logistics; agricultural remote sensing, data analysis and artificial intelligence; Engineering and technical talents in agricultural engineering, intelligent agricultural equipment and agricultural informatization.
- Genetic breeding, including functional genomics, targeted creation of excellent germplasm, molecular design breeding. Germplasm innovation, new variety breeding and seed industrialization, molecular biology and biotechnology, bioinformatics and big data analysis, gene mining and function research, vegetable growth, development and quality control. Research background in vegetables , fruits and cotton is preferred.
- Animal genetics, breeding and reproduction.
- Marine geotechnical engineering, offshore wind power engineering, marine geological disasters, coastal underground space development, marine geological machinery, electronic Engineering, Communication Engineering, Information Engineering, Underwater Acoustic Engineering, Optical Engineering, Sensing and Detection Technology, Computers, Remote Sensing and Radar, Marine Technology and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Control, Marine Carbon Cycle and Ecological Environmental Effects, Marine engineering, mechanical engineering, automation and control, software engineering, underwater robots, deep-sea equipment, intelligent system control, etc.
full-time Junior Principle Investigator: 250,000-400,000 RMB ;
Senior Principle Investigator: 400,000-550,000 RMB;
The direction leader and above positions determined by one person one discussion method;
2.Assist in applying for Sanya Talent Apartment and high-level talent subsidies from Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City (800,000-4,000,000 RMB);
3.Those who meet the conditions can apply for the faculty position at Zhejiang University.
Scientific research support
1.Office and laboratory space;
2.Scientific research start-up funds around 700,000 RMB for young talents;
3.Scientific research start-up funds not less than 1.2 million RMB for high-level talents.
Place of work
Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City, Sanya, Hainan