We are seeking a candidate specializing in bioconjugation to join the BioMedicine Design (BMD) department of the Medicinal Sciences Organization as a senior scientist. In this role the candidate will support the development of large molecule therapeutics including antibody and nanoparticle conjugates. The individual will be responsible for planning, executing, and characterizing conjugation reactions on a variety of modalities including antibodies and peptides to support project and platform progression. In this role they will work collaboratively with colleagues within BioMedicine as well as with research unit project teams. Good communication and presentation skills are required, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to advance programs through the discovery process.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to independently design and implement conjugation strategies and experiments.
- Familiar with handling and characterization of a variety of therapeutic modalities and formats, ideally including protein, peptide, antibody, lipid nanoparticles, small molecules and conjugates.
- Perform bioconjugation reactions to generate novel antibody & nanoparticle conjugates to small molecule, peptide, and other ligands.
- Use analytical methods including LCMS, HIC, RP-HPLC, aSEC, DLS, and others to characterize conjugates
- Drive the innovation and conjugation technology development
- Coordinate efforts, experiments, data analysis and results across multiple groups and stakeholders including protein and nanoparticle production teams, mass spectrometry and biophysical analytical characterization groups, and Research Unit Project teams.
- Communicate with project teams to understand project requirements and provide feedback and results in a timely and clear manner
- PhD with experience in bioconjugation chemistry and conjugate analysis
- Effective bench scientist; proficient in a range of general lab techniques
- Experience working with proteins, antibodies, small molecules and nanoparticles
- Experience in bioconjugation techniques and chemistry
- Knowledgeable and experienced in large molecule purification techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-functional and fast paced team environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to complete experiments with limited supervision and present results in group settings
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Prior experience in industry working on biopharmaceuticals and familiarity with the drug development process is desirable.
- Prior experience with lipid nanoparticles and antibody drug conjugates
- Demonstrated track record of independent research and publication in the area of bioconjugation
- Relocation support available
- Eligible for Employee Referral
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2023
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development