The Senior Scientist - M olecular Pharmaceutics position is a laboratory-based position in a dynamic and collaborative research space. Individuals in this role are well-placed to influence the emerging portfolio in Discovery and to develop strategy for subsequent stages of drug development. Re sponsibilit ies include investigating and understanding the physical/chemical properties of Pfizer's small molecule API, assessing in silico, in vitro, and in-vivo data, developing stage appropriate formulations , integrating solid form and biopharmaceutics considerations in a holistic drug delivery strategy, and advancing new science and technologies . Opportunities also include develop ing additional capability in the enabled formulation space . The successful candidate will serve on multidisciplinary project teams to help define and advance the new molecular substrate in the small molecule organization. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Closely collaborate with Drug Discovery partners to evaluate molecular attributes relevant to drug delivery and influence team strategies ; actively participate in multidisciplinary project teams
- Design and develop fit for purpose preclinical formulations to enable robust candidate selection and progression
- Advance novel science and/or platform technologies in the formulation or solid form space
- Assess and clearly communicate drug delivery and performance risks (using in silico, in vitro and in vivo data as well as sound scientific principles)
- Coach laboratory scientists in the design, execution, and analysis of pharmaceutical science data
- Maintain an awareness of and contribute to scientific literature; actively apply new concepts as appropriate
- Conduct novel research and present significant findings via internal and external presentations or publications
- Ph.D. in chemistry, engineering, materials science, physics, or pharmaceutics (or equivalent subject) and 0-4 years of relevant experience. Or, a BS or MS in the same subject areas and additional relevant experience.
- Ability to apply fundamental principles to problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest and motivation to learn new technologies and concepts
- Experience with using computational models to predict the properties and performance of pharmaceutical materials.
- Understanding of the physical properties needed for drug substance manufacture and formulation into drug product.
Candidate must be able to work in a laboratory setting NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
No special non-standard work schedule, travel or environmental requirements exist for this position.
- Relocation support available
- Eligible employee referral
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last Day to Apply: June 23, 2023
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $85,700.00 to $142,800.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development