Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients. What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's BioMedicine Design RNA Therapeutics and Synthetic Biology Innovation group is seeking a creative and driven Senior Scientist focused on RNA Therapeutic platform development and optimization, as well as advancing RNA based medicines. This candidate would leverage his/her deep understanding of RNA biology to lead the discovery effort in improving RNA therapeutics of various modalities. This candidate will work in a dynamic group of innovative scientists to push the boundary of mRNA translation efficiency and stability. This candidate should be proficient in RNA construct design, molecular biology, assay development, screening and data interpretation. How You Will Achieve
- Engineering of RNA vectors to improve RNA stability, translation efficiency and cell specificity
- Construct design, cloning and in vitro transcription
- Cellular assay development for expression level and RNA stability measurement
- Work with computational scientists to design and develop construct libraries for large scale RNA screening
- Deep understanding in molecular biology and design strategies to build construct libraries in arrayed or pooled format
- Propose experimental designs and work closely with cross-functional teams, project leads and senior group members on identifying/advancing best strategies and planning/executing deliverables
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams including therapeutic discovery teams, research units, bioanalytical teams, formulation teams, and R&D project leaders
- Routinely generate top quality data packages and present at project meetings
- Effectively manage multiple projects to ensure timely delivery
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical/Biological Engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline with +2 years of postdoc or industry experience
- Deep understanding of RNA biology and biochemistry
- Extensive experience with DNA and RNA manipulation (including recombinant DNA techniques, IVT, DNA/RNA isolation, purification and analysis).
- Experience in cell culture, cell line maintenance, and various reporter assays (e.g., Flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD/ELLA, RT-qPCR, Luminescence, high content imaging, etc.).
- Experience in engineering and screening for novel RNA modalities such as circRNA, saRNA, etc., is highly desired.
- Experience in physiologically relevant cell models such as human primary cells and iPSCs derived cells is a great plus
- Curiosity and passion for research with strong interest in RNA therapeutics, creative and flexible thinking
- Ability to plan, organize, problem solve (troubleshoot), design experiments, work efficiently independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
Last Date to Apply: 7/7/2023
Relocation Support Available
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development