The Office of Surgical Research within the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is seeking a skilled Research Coordinator (Level I) to coordinate day-to-day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring research participants. The coordinator will ensure accurate data collection, documentation, organization, and the safety of research participants. Additionally, the coordinator will be responsible for ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization, and the safety of research participants.Job Duties
- Develop, implement, and monitor research protocols, procedures, and processes.
- Protection of the rights and welfare of all human research participants involved in research under federal regulations, BCM, and sponsoring agency policies and procedures. 5%
- Work on renewals, amendments, and study changes on BRAIN. 5%
- Screens subjects for eligibility using protocol-specific, inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Conducting the informed consent process. Interacts with research participants explains and answers any study-related questions. Obtains appropriate signatures and dates on forms.
- Maintains effective and ongoing communication with research participants and PI during the course of the study. 10%
- Work with the Principal Investigator (PI) to assure that the study complies with all terms and conditions, including but not limited to education, IRB approval, conflict of interest disclosure, health and safety protections for participants and staff, and any financial terms or conditions. 15%
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol. 5%
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies. 15%
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol. 10%
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party. 10%
- Assist the Principal Investigator in the submission of event reports, including but not limited to Non-compliance, Adverse Events, and Unanticipated Problems. 10%
- Keeps track of Protocol Amendments, Clarification letters and study updates and implement updates accordingly. 5%
- Attend investigator meetings as required or requested by the PI and/or Sponsor. 5%
- Performs other job duties as assigned. 5%
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.