The Department of Neurology, Epilepsy Section, at Baylor College of Medicine is hiring a Research Coordinator II to assist with clinical research projects. Areas of research interest are in neurology and epilepsy with a sub-focus on women with epilepsy and health disparities in epilepsy. Spanish proficiency is required for this position.
This position offers the potential for a hybrid work arrangement. Job Duties
- Coordinate day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants
- Assist in recruitment of research subjects
- Coordinate and administer surveys to eligible participants which may include patients and/or their caregivers in English and Spanish
- Keep track of relevant regulatory paperwork including IRB approvals and training documents
- Perform data entry and manage healthcare data in HIPAA compliant cloud software/databases
- Attend weekly research meetings with PI and study team
- Assist in writing manuscripts and preparing poster presentations for medical conferences
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Spanish language proficiency
- Experience with survey development and administration
- Experience working with RedCap and other healthcare databases
- Master's degree is preferred
- Candidates with an interest and/or experience in epilepsy, women's health or healthcare disparities
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.