The Research Coordinator I position requires conducting responsible research work and coordinating the day to day activities of research protocols examining behavioral factors contributing to childhood obesity and related outcomes. The research projects include measuring children's screen media use and examining how it relates to children's learning/memory and weight status over time, and children's appetite regulation and weight status over time. Main responsibilities include participant recruitment and enrollment, preparation, conduct and close out of study visits, and data management. The position is Monday - Friday, with some weekends required. This is an onsite position without the possibility of working remotely.
For my information, please visit the links below:
( https://www.bcm.edu/research/research-centers/usda-ars-childrens-nutrition-research-center )
( https://www.bcm.edu/research/faculty-labs/sheryl-o-hughes-lab )Job Duties
- Recruits research subjects at Houston area community centers. - Conducts eligibility screenings of families over the phone.
- Schedules study visits with families and submits appointments in accordance with MRU guidelines.
- Tracks participation status of families during the study.
- Performs research related procedures as required by the study protocol (e.g. obtains subject informed consent, prepares study visit materials, conducts study visits with families of young children, collects subject data).
- Conducts clinical assessments with families (e.g. body height and weight, memory assessments)
- Prepares, measures, and assembles foods for dietary assessment study protocols.
- Codes video data. - Assists with management and entry of collected data.
- Provides status updates at research team meetings.
- Collaborates with faculty and research staff from other teams.
- Provides general office support.
- Ensures conduct of assigned studies is in accordance with good clinical practice, federal regulations, and institutional policies.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.